Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why a blog at this late stage in my life?

Not sure why.  I guess it is because my social interaction meter was below the 35% mark which is greater than two standard deviations from what my psychiatrist recommends.  Or because my wife recommended that I have an avenue for expressing myself and working on my English simultaneously.  She is sick of my recreating lyrics to common songs lately.  Or quite honestly, it is just that the Minnesota winter draws something unique out of people.  With a fire in the living room, frost creating rounded window panes, and perhaps the voice of Garrison Keilor on the potato-powered radio I built as a child, that something for me is a realization that while it is cozy inside, and -22deg F outside, there is still a lot of social teaching and learning that can only happen across the back fence.  Even if it is as cold as frozen crap out there.

Frozen dog crap, is, by the way, amazing.  You can run around the lake at night and not see where you are stepping, land in a pile and it shatters, doesn't stick.

And for the record, as long as I'm laying it all out there, I enjoy linguist comma use, and I like to put the end punctuation outside of the the end-quote mark, when that which is contained inside the quotes is not a complete sentence.  For example, my friend johnny is a heck of a hole digger, I mean one heck of a hole digger, some might even call him a "maestro extraordinaire".

So, whatever the reason is for this blog, if you check in here once-in-a-while, I'll bring you those social learnings and teachings from over the back fence...even when it's cold outside.

1 comment:

  1. Are you in for the blogging contest? All you have to do is blog EVERY DAY until 2010. No problem. Get on it.

    ReplyDelete